We’ve developed a version of our Managing the Impact of Grief in the Workplace Workshop which we deliver using video conferencing. It is split into two 2 hour sessions, for up to 8 delegates, which can be run at times to suit individual organisations. We’ve made sure the remote version is still very interactive and use virtual breakout rooms for group activities.
It covers the same as our on-site workshops:
Understanding the impact of grief
The effects of bereavement on an individual will be profound and long lasting. This workshop explores the nature of grief and provides the organisation with guidance on how to support employees through the grieving process.
It will provide your managers and key staff with a greater understanding of the issues facing the bereaved and equip them with techniques for supporting employees through grieving process from the initial conversation through to maintaining performance at work in the longer term.
- What is grief
- What are the typical characteristics of grief
- How grief impacts the individual in the workplace
- How to deal with the initial news
- Maintaining communication
- Appropriate things to say and what not to say
- Returning to work
- Ongoing Performance Management
- Policy considerations for dealing with terminal illness
The workshop will help to stimulate discussion and reflection on your organisational approach to bereavement, how helpful your policy framework is, and what you could do differently to create a more human workplace.
Who should attend?
- Line Managers
- HR/Wellbeing professionals
- Team Leaders
- Trade Union Representatives
- Mental Health First Aiders
The cost is £800. Please contact us at email@example.com or on 07867 500666 if you’d like to find out more or make a booking